Sunday, August 31, 2014

Bus Stop In Chicago


This is in Chicago in the summer of 2008. It's me at the corner of Clark and Edgewater in Andersonville, a neighborhood on the far north side of the city. Andersonville got its name from all the Swedish and other Scandinavian immigrants who had settled there. These days Andersonville is home to one of the largest lesbian and gay communities in Chicago. It's funny that I'm standing at the bus stop looking up at the sign (and I don't know why, because my friend and I weren't using the buses that day) because only a few months after this I would be leaving Chicago and riding Greyhound buses all over the country for a month. I don't remember if I had already made those plans when this picture was taken. But I know I was making plans in general. This picture was taken by my friend Marco. I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment