Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Apple Heart Monkeys Story

Hooray!! A new story of mine was published today at Drunk Monkeys lit journal and film blog. My story is called "The Guide to Good Apple Self-Care." It's fiction, rather short, and something of a fairy tale. You can read it here.

This is my first ever published piece of fiction (not counting some stuff when I was back in high school over 20 years ago). I'm really happy it found a home at Drunk Monkeys, and I'm thankful to Matthew Guerruckey and Tegan Elizabeth, the ed-in-chief and fiction editor, for accepting it. I also love the art chosen to go with my story, so whomever at DM picked that out, thank you too!

If you've never read any of the pieces at Drunk Monkeys, treat yourself and check out the stories, poems, and reviews there. There's a lot of good work on the site, and I'm glad to be a part of it now.

Since my story has an apple theme to it, I'm sharing the pic below to go with this post. It's my mom, me, and my sister Arla at an apple orchard in the early 70s. I'm the bald one in the middle. Some things never change. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment