Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunflowers and French Fields on a Snowy Chicago Day


These pictures were all taken in 2009 at summer's end in the tiny commune (in the French sense) of LaGroie (about an hour's drive from Poitiers, in the Poitou-Charentes region). I spent two weeks there with some of the most fun and warm-hearted people--walking through the fields, playing with local cats and dogs, picking blackberries, and feeling grateful for my good fortune. Today it's snowing in Chicago. Yes, snow is pretty when it first falls. But allow me to seek out places of sunshine and calm when I need them, to seek out fields of sunflowers and walk down tiny village roads as I remember them.






Main Street, LaGroie



Paris mon amour (le nom du chat)
 
Here one day...


And gone the next! We walked out one day with the dogs, and it was all cut!


No comments:

Post a Comment