Monday, December 2, 2013

End Of A Road

"Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road." – Jack Kerouac

This is an announcement I posted a few days ago on my business website, Wayfaring Women Tours, and I thought I should post it here too.

"We are sorry to announce that we will no longer be offering tours. For financial reasons we have decided to close up shop. From its conception, Wayfaring Women Tours was a dream project for its founder, a solo female traveler who hoped to encourage other women--especially women without readily available travel partners--to see the world, experience adventure and sisterhood, and reclaim the world's paths for women. It has been a great and enriching ride, but we simply don't have the funds to keep the dream alive. Our website will remain up for the first few months of 2014, and you are free to contact us while it's still working.

"We'd like to thank all of you who have joined us on one of our tours. We'd also like to thank all our suppliers for our tours the past few years, as well as those of you who had a hand in getting us set up for business and getting the word out. Thank you a million times over for your support and encouragement. It was a blessing to meet and share the road with each and every one of you. We hope to cross paths again somewhere down the line. Until then, keep her lit... "

I may write a post soon about what I learned in this venture. But for now I'll just add that this blog will stay up, regardless of the end of Wayfaring Women Tours itself. As long as I have places to visit and stories to tell, I'll keep Writing and Wayfaring....


No comments:

Post a Comment